Friday, May 15, 2009

Silly moments

This last week has been one for silly little moments. Maggie started it off , on our way to a soccer game we were caring our camp chairs and Maggie kept yelling "mommy your sit down" it took us a few minutes to realize she was talking about our chairs we tried to get her to say chair but she insisted that they were our sit downs. All we can figure is that we have told her to sit down so many times that now she assiocates chair with sit down. Holly has hit the middle child syndrome already with her she says "I wish I didn't have any sisters and why does everyone pick on me" and other such lovely thoughts. We have tried to reassure her that she would miss her sisters and we are not always picking on her, that doesn't seem to be working. It is funny though that when Cecilia went to her friends house for the night all Holly did was talk about her and wanted to know what she was doing, but we do need to remember Holly doesn't want any sisters. Cecilia is getting to be old enough to take on some more responsibility and one of them is mowing the lawn. Yesterday I went out to teach Cecilia how to mow the lawn and had to bit my lip so I wouldn't laugh to hard at this little 75 pound girl trying to push the lawn mower. She was trying so hard to push that thing on our flat backyard and instead of pushing the mower you would see her kicking her legs up behind her and grunting to try and push it 10 feet . It was so cute to watch her she did do most of the yard but I think I will wait until she has a little more strength in her arms. After she was down she said that mowing is a boys job and that when she is married she will have her husband mow the lawn. I argued that it was not a boy job and that you should share all the jobs of the house she said then I will hire someone to do my lawn mowing. You just got to love the things that come out of their mouths other wise I might just go crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment